Conditions

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Linux, the Anarchist of OSs, K3Y QSL card and working on DXCC

Time for a little update.

Linux:

In my last post, someone suggested I install Linux on my old laptop computer.  Ubuntu seemed like a reasonable choice. The problem with any distribution of Linux is there is really no organized plan. And if there is a bug... Oh Well! Really wished I had not done this. I ended up losing my Windows installation. I guess I will never learn my lesson on Linux. Both the SKCCLogger and skcc_skimmer run on Linux. I just wish there was a native version of SmartSDR for Linux.


K3Y QSL card:

I have received my K3Y QSL card last March.  Below are the pictures of the front and back of the card. It was nice to get the grand sweep again. This is my favorite SKCC event.


 

Senator x7:
Finally made it to Sx7. It has been really difficult this last year going from x6 to x7. A lot of Ts are doing POTA and are not likely to do a SKCC number exchange. Also many now want to do Marathons or Ragchews and will not do just a number exchange. 

I have over 10,000 SKCC contacts in my log. I think I am going to limit my SKCC activity to sprints only from now on.

DXCC:

The next thing I would like to accomplish is DXCC. For this, I am doing FT8. It seems the fastest and easiest way to do this now. 

As of this writing, I have 100 for LoTW, 96 for eQSL.cc and 100 for QRZ. Hope to finish this soon. Already have my QRZ and LoTW certificates on the way.

Screen shot of my FT8 setup

Something total different:

I heard this quote awhile ago and I thought it worth repeating. 

I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant."

H. L. Mencken


I would also like to add "I believe it is better to love than to hate."


All for now. Next time I hope to have finished the DXCC for eQSL.cc


73 - KB1WOD


1 comment:

  1. FT8? What's that?? (hi hi) Always looking for new blogs from you, Dave.
    73 de Curt K2CWM

    ReplyDelete