Conditions

Thursday, April 22, 2021

K3Y QSL cards arrive, Two meter rig finally on the air again

Hello again. I will try to publish more posts. Winter is ending and a nice Spring is shaping up. We did have snow last Friday which was very late in the season for this area. 

Maybe I will get the new antenna put up soon. The antenna I am speaking of is a reduced length 160-10 meter OCF dipole from RadioWavz.  It is 147 feet long as apposed to 246 feet for a full size 160M OCF. My 80M OCF dipole is 137 feet, so the extra 10 feet shouldn't be a problem here. It doesn't say it will work on 6 meters, but if it tunes up, it will be good enough. I got to get back on 160 meters!! 
Here is a link to the web site: Short 160m OCF dipole  

I also bought 500 feet of cord from DX Engineering to replace the cord that is there now. The cord has been up for over 2 years now and should probable be replaced. Plus I got some ideas about how to mitigate the problem of a broken antenna and or cord. I will let you know how that works out.

BTW I am vaccinated and good to go!! 

K3Y QSL Cards.

I received three K3Y QSL cards. I didn't expect the 2019 or the 2020 card because I didn't send in an envelope to the QSL bureau for these two years. I guess they must have been sitting there waiting for me. oops!!

2019 and 2020 I only got 18 of 19 regions so I didn't bother sending in an envelope. I guess I will have to change that. I also got an additional QSL from the bureau. I think I should keep a couple of envelopes there JIC. Here is a link to SKCC QSL Bureau.

Here are pictures of the K3Y QSL cards that I received. See my last post for more info on my K3Y activity. K3Y 2016-2021, Weird key failure, VOAProp fail, odd email from the ARRL and more!!




Two Meter Rig

Only took me a year and a half to run a piece of Coax. No tree or roof climbing, just connect the wire to both ends. I don't really use two meters that much any more, but that will change. I have checked-in to a couple of nets lately so that's a good start. Plus made contact with a couple of old friends.

I would like to relocate my 2m antenna form the deck to the back of the garage. It kind of looks "trailer parkish" where it is now. Plus I hope it gets a little better coverage if it is up higher.

What my 2 meter antenna looks like at the moment.


Operating

My activity has slowed down some lately. I bought a Kindle so I have been reading up a storm lately. I have read a lot about WWII lately, mostly about the Philippines. Some very interesting and moving accounts of those early times in the war.

I am still doing brags and WES, but not as aggressively as in the past. I am still working on the 2xQRP award. I now has 128 points and working towards Sx6.

 Well all for now CUL

- 73

2 comments: